GeneStudio's Contig editor is a tool for the assembly and editing of contigs from automatic DNA sequencer trace files.
The Contig editor's features include:
- User-friendly display of aligned traces for easy visual editing.
- Automatically generated consensus sequence that is updated as you edit.
- Highlighted ambiguous columns with red sequence symbols.
- Ambiguity finder for rapidly locating and resolving conflicts.
- Translation feature with choices of reading frames to guide editing.
- Built-in BLAST interface that allows easy submission of consensus sequence to the BLAST server (read more).
- Integrated Viewers provide views of the data, including:
- Sequence list used to select sequences for assembly.
- Contig list used to navigate between open contigs and sequences.
- Map view displays a graphical representation of contig fragments.
- Trace view displays the unedited trace for viewing and printing.
- Pretty view displays the contig as an alignment for viewing, printing and copying to a word processor.